WHAT WE OFFER:
- Anti-Bullying Student Assembly (K-8th grade) - students walk away having a better understanding of the various forms of bullying, reporting vs. snitching, conflict vs. bullying, respect for diversity and differences, what it means to be your 'brothers keeper' and how to be a change agent in their school and community.
- Parent Talk! Anti-Bullying Workshop - We believe that the entire village (students, staff & parents) should be taught the same information, which eliminates confusion and helps to create a Bully-Free School Environment.
- Residency Courses - Each of our 14-session courses includes a culminating project (PBL) and is formatively / summatively assessed by our DSOC certified team. Courses also include ways to directly engage parents as partners in a family engagement expo. Courses are as followed:
- ‘Change Agent BootCamp’ (1st -6th grade) - course uses the graphical informational book ‘Don’t Snooze On Clues (2014)’ authored by Keba Cairo, to develop student’s character building, leadership skills, mental health, social & emotional well-being, and increase awareness. This course will focus on informational procedure and narrative writing and vocabulary which will enhance standardized ELA test scores and NYSELAT writing scores.
- ‘Future Entrepreneurs’ (6th -12th grade) - course focuses on developing financial decision making, mathematical thinking, engineering design process, business planning, student leadership and skills development. Students will present invention design to a Shark Tank panel in family expo. (This course is currently being offered to STEP/CSTEP students at Hofstra University and The College of Staten Island.)
Book Orders - Speaking to kids about dangerous and uncomfortable topics can be a bit of a challenge. Our NIEA Award-Nominated illustrated children’s book, Don’t Snooze On Clues! (2014) by author Keba Cairo, helps parents to start those sometimes difficult conversations. This children’s book uses bold illustrations to demonstrate and gives students actionable steps to take when addressing topics such as: Bullying, Friends w/ Weapons, Abduction, & Unattended Bagpacks. Call us to place your orders TODAY… Books are also available on Ingram and AMAZON.com.
* Please email us for full description of all programs.